Below we outline all that we include in the rental arrangement.
UNIShare will maintain the property to ensure residents’ comfort and security. This includes taking care of the garden. Residents are requested to contact the Landlord if they notice any maintenance issues, inside the house or outside, requiring urgent attention between scheduled visits.
Accommodation is offered on the basis of an individual tenancy agreement with each resident, covering room rental and use of the shared facilities.
The house is furnished simply but appropriately. Residents will not need to buy any basic furniture, although they may wish to acquire additional items to add their own personal touch to their home.
The standard tenancy agreement is for a 12-month period. Shorter tenancies can be arranged, subject to availability.
Each room is furnished as follows:
- Wardrobe (free standing or built-in)
- Chest of drawers
- Desk and desk lamp
UNIShare provides a pillow, blanket and mattress protector. You will need to provide your own linen, towels etc.
Kitchen and laundry
- Normal domestic cooking and laundry facilities and equipment are provided.
- Crockery and cutlery are provided.
- Living Areas
- Living areas are furnished with dining furniture and sofa-style lounge furniture.
- TV and DVD are provided.
Share the Benefits. Not the Bills!
Budgeting couldn’t be easier! UNIShare takes care of utility bills (electricity, gas and water) – up to limits specified in your contract – at no extra charge!
Your rent also includes an allowance for cleaning the common areas.
How Does it Work?
The rent includes an allowance for payment of electricity, gas and water bills up to limits which are specified in your rental agreement. The amount budgeted allows reasonable daily energy usage.
Meter readings are taken periodically, and residents are provided feedback on actual usage vs budget.
Residents will be required to fund any usage in excess of the budget. UNIShare is proactive in the management of utility bills, and we appreciate the cooperation of the UNIShare housemates in the responsible use of energy and water.
UNIShare provides free Internet for residents. Both houses are connected to Australia’s National Broadband Network (NBN) which offers data speeds and bandwidth far superior to the previous ADSL+ technology.
Our service provider is Internode, one of Australia’s leading ISPs.
UNIShare provides a wi-fi connection in each house, so housemates will need wireless-capable PCs or laptops to connect.
House Cleaning & Common Areas
- Residents are responsible for keeping their own rooms clean.
- UNIShare will provide equipment (vacuum cleaner, brooms, dusters etc) and cleaning materials for residents’ use.
The common areas include kitchen, bathrooms, living areas and patios — any part of the property which is shared by the residents.
Cleaning Common Areas
- UNIShare will arrange for all common areas to be professionally cleaned once a fortnight.
- Residents are expected to keep common areas clean and tidy between scheduled cleaning visits. For health reasons, this is particularly important in regard to kitchen and bathrooms. UNIShare’s cleaners will not be washing the dishes!