Before you travel…
UNIShare housemates have helped to compile the following checklist to help new arrivals settle in:
- Sheets and towels. Bring a pillow cover and single bed sheets. UNIShare provides blankets and a pillow.
- If you are arriving in winter, bring warm clothing. June, July and August are the coldest months in Adelaide.
- Mains power adapter1 for use in Australia. Try to buy one before you leave your home country so that you can charge your phone or laptop as soon as you arrive.
- Consider adding roaming capability to your phone plan (although it is likely to be more economical to buy a sim card in Australia).
- Helpful numbers and links:
Public transport website: Adelaide Metro
Nearest bus stop to UNIShare: Catch bus here
1 Mains adapters are only for accommodating different pin configurations, NOT for converting voltages. They work only for 220-240V devices. If your device uses any other mains voltage, you will need to buy a suitable transformer here in Australia.